Productivity & Operational Efficiency through Digital Technologies - Business Bytes
Wednesday, 20 July 2022, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
What is the Conference about?Successful investment in digital technologies can be difficult for any business, but especially so for those in the construction industry. On the one hand, construction has for many years trailed behind other sectors in the scope and extent of its adoption of new technologies, which means there are many areas in which advantage can be gained. On the other hand, there are currently so many new technologies available - for both on-site and off-site use - that it can be difficult for the business to develop a digital strategy.
What will we cover?
In this conference we will look at some of the factors you should consider when developing your firm's digital strategy. We will also hear from industry experts who have either created new technologies or who have implemented new digital systems in their businesses. Join us to hear from Carolina Toczycka (Costain), Chris Grant (Digital Construction Skills), Chris Matthew (Flannery Plant) and Richard Higginbotham (OPTSM).
What are some of the factors to consider when planning a digital strategy? How can you be sure you'll achieve a return on your investment? What are some of the potential pitfalls? What are some of the new innovations available now and 'coming soon'?
Our panel of industry experts will talk about their own roles and experiences and will then come together in a round-table discussion.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the concept of supply chain resilience
- Gain an insight into tools and techniques that can build resilience in your own organisation
- Understand how procurement plays a key role in helping the supply chain adapt
- Be presented with best practice cases studies
- Have an overview of resources and additional learning and support you can access after this session.
What level is the session and do I need any particular skills?This session is recommended for Supply Chain Partners and procurement professionals. The Level is Intermediate to Advanced, so a good understanding of supply chain management is required.
What can I expect from a virtual Conference?
Conferences are multi-speaker sessions featuring experts from the sector, around 2-3 hours to give you a more in-depth overview of the subject.
What are the technical requirements?
You will need:
· Internet connection
· A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook)
· Earphones/headphones/speakers (preferable)
· A tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone to load facilitation tools
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny