DfMA in Practice: Thinking Beyond Categories 1 & 2
Wednesday, 30 March 2022, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
What is this session about?
DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) often brings to mind images of 3D and 2D primary structural systems like stacked units or panels. However, there are other ways of increasing PMV using components such as steel, precast concrete or timber columns, mini-volumetric units, and non-structural walling systems. Furthermore, productivity can be improved on-site by harnessing digital technologies.
This session will draw on expertise from recent projects utilising a combination of these techniques with case study presentations and facilitated discussion.
- Jaimie Johnston MBE, Bryden Wood (The Forge)
- Ross Bowman, Hawkins\Brown (East Village Plot N06)
- Chris Charlton, Stride Treglowan (King's Cross Sports Hall)
What will I achieve?
This session will help you to:
- Think about opportunities beyond MMC categories 1 & 2
- Understand how to combine MMC categories to increase PMV
- Learn about the latest thinking in DfMA from real-world projects
- See how MMC can deliver high quality architecture
What level is the session and do I need any particular skills?
This intermediate session is suitable for architects, designers and anyone who has an interest in DfMA, MMC and the use of offsite construction techniques. We recommend reading the DfMA Overlay prior to the session.
What can I expect from a Lunch ‘n’ Learn?
Lunch 'n' Learns offer a quick introduction to a topic, or present a case study, 45-60 mins to fit around your busy schedule.
What are the technical requirements?
You will need:
- Internet connection
- Earphones/headphones/speakers (preferable)
- A tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone to load facilitation tools
This session is free to attend, please click the link below to register.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org