Transitioning to HVO - Case Study Lunch 'n' Learn
Thursday, 13 January 2022, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
What is the session about?
This case study session with leading housebuilder Lovell will cover the implementation of HVO fuel, a direct substitute to red diesel that they have been using to power telehandlers and generators on site. This has primarily been implemented to reduce carbon so that Lovell can achieve their net-zero target by 2030.
Lovell will explore the challenges faced during the trial period and the opportunities and problems that this has presented to them. Join us to understand how others in the industry have transitioned their fuel use to HVO and be inspired by how your organisation could do the same.
What will I achieve?
- Hear directly from Lovell to understand how they are transitioning to HVO fuels to power telehandlers and generators on site
- Understand the benefits and opportunities of using HVO fuels and how it will help to achieve carbon reduction targets, including Lovell's net-zero by 2030 target
- Explore the challenges faced during the trial phase and the site view on utilising this fuel
- Have the opportunity to get involved in an interactive Q&A with sustainability and procurement experts from Lovell
What level is the session and do I need any particular skills?This session is beginner level and aimed at those looking to find out more about HVO and consider how it could be implemented within your organisation.
What can I expect from a Lunch 'n' Learn?
Lunch 'n' Learns offer a quick introduction to a topic, or present a case study, 45-60 mins to fit around your busy schedule.
What are the technical requirements?
You will need:
- Internet connection
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook)
- Earphones/headphones/speakers (preferable)
- A tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone to load facilitation tools
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.