VIRTUAL: Addressing Mental Welbeing in our industry: Webinar
Tuesday, 18 May 2021, 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Hosted by Highways England, HS2 & Network Rail
Despite many excellent initiatives within the built environment and greater awareness of mental health and well-being; Male workers within the industry are three times more likely to commit suicide than the average UK male (ONS 2018).
Asking for help and opening up about emotions are not things that come naturally to many. There is a disconnect between the support offered by businesses and the people who most need to access that support. This results in many suffering in silence.
This webinar will include useful information and statistics to get the conversation going, practical steps we can take to encourage people to come forward and examples of industry good practice and support sources.
By attending, you will:
- Know the signs and undertake a culture check
- Understand how to achieve disclosure around mental health
- Upskilling and education at all levels
- Encouraging peer support
- Reduce stigma / change attitudes: good practice examples
- Learn to embed practices and helpful initiatives