VIRTUAL: Setting up an inclusive site: Masterclass (FIR)
Webinar - Details to follow
Wednesday, 27 January 2021, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Highways England, HS2 and Network Rail host this virtual Masterclass.
An inclusive site is one that can be used easily and safely by everyone, in a way that maintains their dignity. It ensures that, wherever possible, buildings and spaces are appropriate for diverse needs and accessible to all, behaviours are respectful and a culture is established so that everyone knows how to practice Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) in their daily working lives. It goes beyond a compliance approach to ensure that everyone working on, communicating with, or visiting the site are treated with fairness, inclusion and respect.
This Masterclass will set out the benefits of an inclusive site and will take participants through each stage of the process with clear guidance. It will be backed up by case studies and examples of industry good practice. It is relevant to all size and type of site and compliments the FIR E-Learning course ‘Setting up an Inclusive Site and Site Office.’
By attending this Masterclass, you will:
- Understand why FIR is important in the context of setting up an inclusive site
- Understand what constitutes an inclusive site and what the benefits are
- Be aware of legal and contractual requirements
- Know steps to take to set up and run an inclusive site and site offices
- Plan for inclusivity before a site is established
- Take a collaborative approach; identify and engage with stakeholders and sources of expertise at all stages
- Take a proactive approach to reasonable adjustments and safety
- Know how to encourage and embed inclusive behaviours across the site
Funded by the Infrastructure client group: