VIRTUAL: How the Housing sector is rising to the challenge of zero carbon Business Bytes
Tuesday, 17 November 2020, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Climate change is the key challenge of our time. Through the Climate Change Act, the UK Government has legally committed the UK to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 and all industries will have to change to meet these challenges. The housing sector has a key role to play.
In partnership with the Home Builders Federation (HBF), this Business Bytes with leading house builders and School Partners Barratt Developments, Taylor Wimpey and Telford Homes will call on the sector to collaborate and innovate to create low carbon, sustainable solutions.
At this session you will:
- Hear the key sustainability priorities and objectives of leading house builders Barratt Developments, Taylor Wimpey and Telford Homes, and understand the role of the supply chain in meeting targets
- Learn how some suppliers are innovating to create low-carbon alternatives, the challenges and business benefits of doing so
- Find out about HBF's new Future Homes Task Force and their roadmap for the house building sector to reach net zero carbon
- Have the opportunity to be involved in a Q&A with the HBF, house builders and suppliers
- Sarah Pratt, Head of Corporate Sustainability, Barratt Developments
- Ian Heasman, Director of Sustainability, Taylor Wimpey
- Andrew Day, Sustainability Director, Telford Homes
- John Slaughter, Director of External Affairs, HBF
- Thomas Robinson, Managing Director, Adaptavate
- Joanne Wilkins, Area Manager - North West Ready Mix, Aggregate
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.