VIRTUAL: Let's Talk About Race & Cultural Diversity - Masterclass
Tuesday, 6 October 2020, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
During October’s Black History
Month, this Masterclass will focus on recognising the benefits of racial
diversity within the built environment and develop
actions to diversify the industry.
We know that UK workplaces are less comfortable talking about race than they are about other diversity issues, such as age and gender. According to research by BITC only 4 in 10 employees (37%) say colleagues are comfortable talking about race in the workplace.
Join this 2 hour Masterclass to:
- Defining race, racism and cultural diversity
- Determine the business benefits of cultural diversity
- Recognising how advantage and disadvantage works within society and companies
- How to become an ally and understand the difference between not being racist and being anti-racist
- Action planning to diversify the industry