VIRTUAL: Leading People Inclusively workshop - Welsh Water
Thursday, 5 November 2020, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRIVATE WORKSHOP.
The behaviour of leaders determines the culture of their workplaces. This course is for people who manage, supervise or influence people at work, and who want to improve their own performance so that their sites and offices can become even better working environments, for everyone.
Aim of the session:
- To provide managers and leaders with the opportunity to explore their own biases and preferences when managing others and to actively seek out and consider different views and perspectives to inform better decision-making.
- To use feedback to increase their self-awareness.
- To explore how staff diversity is a source of competitive advantage that, once inspired, can drive organisational and individual performance towards a shared vision.
This masterclass will allow you to:
- Understand your individual leadership and the impact of inclusive behaviour on staff and colleagues
- Understand the importance and legal considerations of diversity in relation to the Equality Act 2010
- Be aware of unconscious bias and the impact on listening, seeking out and taking account of the views of diverse people
- Be aware of how your own behaviour can contribute to, or help to prevent, discrimination and harassment
- Put effort into helping diverse people identify their talents and develop them for performance now and future advancement