CANCELLED: Addressing ENGIE's priorities - Briefing
Guildhall High Street
Kingston upon Thames
Thursday, 5 March 2020, 8:45 AM - 1:30 PM
APOLOGIES - THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
This event is open to all and will focus on tackling the zero carbon challenge & Fairness, Inclusion & Respect:
- Tackling the carbon challenge - ENGIE recognises that a vast majority of carbon emissions arise from the supply chain. As part of their zero carbon goal, they aim to work with their suppliers to reduce emissions across the board. This priority has been enhanced by recent changes to the Climate Change Act making it law in the UK to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- The Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) programme is an industry-wide initiative that aims to make workplaces better for everyone. As a sector, we need to embrace FIR in order to attract, recruit, train and retain the skills in order to address the industry-wide skills shortage. The FIR programme provides, free, industry-endorsed training and resources, guidance and materials to support businesses to be more innovative and profitable by addressing workplace culture challenges.
By attending, you will:
- Understanding some key terms used in carbon footprinting analysis
- Undertaking activities addressing carbon footprints and examining relevant approaches and standards
- Learning how to develop or improve a carbon reduction action plan for your business and be better placed to meet client requirements on carbon
- What FIR means and why it matters in FM